Dixonverse Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2014, 07:39:34 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Stats
109816 Posts in 2740 Topics by 162 Members
Latest Member: Pastor Jared
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dixonverse Message Board
|-+  Dixonverse Message Boards
| |-+  The Dixonverse Free For All Morgy Morgue
| | |-+  TV and Movie Discussion Archive
| | | |-+  Possible upcoming Marvel movies!
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Possible upcoming Marvel movies!  (Read 966 times)
John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 2105

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« on: April 15, 2012, 01:24:32 AM »

Ant-Man! (someone sedate Hiley).  Doctor Strange! The Inhumans!  The Guardians of the Galaxy!  (Okay someone can sedate me now with those last three added.)

http://www.comicsalliance.com/2012/04/13/guardians-of-the-galaxy-movie-kevin-feige-marvel/

If you were wondering just how Marvel could up the stakes for their movies after introducing Earth's Mightiest Heroes in Marvel's The Avengers, then Kevin Feige has four simple words in response: Guardians of The Galaxy.

Talking to Crave Online, Feige said that, while Marvel did already know what its second movie release of 2014 (behind Captain America 2) would be, it wasn't ready to name the project yet. However, when listing projects in development at the studio, he mentioned Ant-Man, Dr. Strange, The Inhumans and Guardians of The Galaxy, before going on to say,

We are very excited about bringing things like that, maybe things exactly like that, to the screen. [...] When you tell people, you know what would be really cool? This movie, and there's a raccoon, and there's a tree... And they go, 'What?' And people like you know what it is, and get excited. And the majority of people go, 'Did you say a raccoon and a tree?' 'Oh yeah, they're going to steal the whole movie. They're hilarious.' 'Okay, I'll believe it when I see it.' I like that.

That definitely sounds like the most recent incarnation of Marvel's earliest cosmic super team, a fact that Feige confirmed when asked, saying "Yeah, it's more Star-Lord and Drax and Gamora, and less Vance Astro and that team."

The Guardians of the Galaxy were created in 1969 by Arnold Drake and Gene Colan as super-heroes from an alternate future Earth that had survived both ecological disaster and alien invasion (all but one of the characters was an alien, in fact); after guest-starring in various series such as Marvel Team-Up, The Defenders and The Avengers for much of the 1970s, the team disappeared for the majority of the next decade before receiving their own series in the early 1990s.

The name was revived in 2008 by writers Dan Abnett and Andy Lanning for an entirely different team that spun out of the critically-acclaimed Annihilation: Conquest mini-series. The second team -- made up of various b-list-or-lower supporting characters, failed leads (Star-Lord, the leader of the team, had been the subject of some of the earliest collaborations between Chris Claremont and John Byrne, long before they teamed up on Uncanny X-Men) and, yes, a talking Space Raccoon -- carried their own monthly series for twenty-five issues, before the team disbanded with the book's cancellation.

This mention of a Guardians film counts as the first on-the-record confirmation of the project's existence following months of speculation. No writer or director has been attached in those rumors, however.

Mr. White
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 488

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2012, 01:33:15 AM »

Those all sound like they would be great.  And I was just thinking of Marvel characters that would make a good addition to Avengers in a future movie, and of course, Pym and Wasp, but I also thought Dr. Strange, seeing as magic is the one weak point on the team as is.  If they make those two movies, it would be easy to work the three characters into Avengers 2 or 3.

And who would have ever thought Rocket Raccoon might make it to the big screen?

John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2012, 01:36:10 AM »

Those all sound like they would be great.  And I was just thinking of Marvel characters that would make a good addition to Avengers in a future movie, and of course, Pym and Wasp, but I also thought Dr. Strange, seeing as magic is the one weak point on the team as is.  If they make those two movies, it would be easy to work the three characters into Avengers 2 or 3.

And who would have ever thought Rocket Raccoon might make it to the big screen?

I would have never thought Rocket would make it or several others in the Guardians.  Frankly I never thought I would see Ant-Man.   

But no, I boycott any idea of Strange in the Revengers.  He's a DEFENDER!  So that just means we need a Defenders movie once Hulk kicks those losers to the curb. 

Mr. White
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 488

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 01:41:22 AM »

In the big-screen Marvel Universe I could easily see Strange on the Avengers, especially since I doubt they'll bother with Defenders.  But if they wanted to go with the Defenders, I wouldn't argue.  After a Dr. Strange movie came out, the only Defender they'd have to do an origin for in the movie is Namor.  Plus it would open up a space in the Avengers for my fave She-Hulk.

John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 01:48:36 AM »

In the big-screen Marvel Universe I could easily see Strange on the Avengers, especially since I doubt they'll bother with Defenders.  But if they wanted to go with the Defenders, I wouldn't argue.  After a Dr. Strange movie came out, the only Defender they'd have to do an origin for in the movie is Namor.  Plus it would open up a space in the Avengers for my fave She-Hulk.

I want my Defenders!  Dr. Strange!  The Hulk!  The Submariner!  Silver Surfer!  Nighthawk!  Valkyrie!  Hellcat!  Make it happen Marvel! 

evilbunnyfoofoo
Ignorant Slut of the Dixonverse
Bat-Moderator
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 481

Another day, another disaster.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 01:54:24 AM »

I want my Defenders!  Dr. Strange!  The Hulk!  The Submariner!  Silver Surfer!  Nighthawk!  Valkyrie!  Hellcat!  Make it happen Marvel! 

My creaky memory reminds me there was a storyline that had those Defenders have to break up because if they stayed together something dreadful would happen. Or maybe I dreamt it. Or made it up while sitting in a doctor's office entertaining myself because I'd read all the booklets on erectile dysfunction.

So quit cryin'. Baby.

I want the old run folks of GotG. And I want them to set an actress's head on fire so she can play Nikki right. None of that lame CGI.

I don't think, therefore I'm not.
John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2012, 01:56:42 AM »

My creaky memory reminds me there was a storyline that had those Defenders have to break up because if they stayed together something dreadful would happen. Or maybe I dreamt it. Or made it up while sitting in a doctor's office entertaining myself because I'd read all the booklets on erectile dysfunction.

So quit cryin'. Baby.

I want the old run folks of GotG. And I want them to set an actress's head on fire so she can play Nikki right. None of that lame CGI.

Oh trust me, I would love to see the old gang of the GotG.  More so.  But this new gang is pretty rad.

And yes the original four had to break up.  More than once.  Mainly because when they are together they are the baddest mofos on the planet.

evilbunnyfoofoo
Bat-Moderator
Shogun

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »

Oh trust me, I would love to see the old gang of the GotG.  More so.  But this new gang is pretty rad.

And yes the original four had to break up.  More than once.  Mainly because when they are together they are the baddest mofos on the planet.

So stop trying to get them together and make the world implode. Gah! Some of us like breathing. Selfish.

John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2012, 02:02:42 AM »

So stop trying to get them together and make the world implode. Gah! Some of us like breathing. Selfish.

No!  It would be so radical cool!  Like a millions Micheal Bay explosions at once!

evilbunnyfoofoo
Bat-Moderator
Shogun

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2012, 02:21:02 AM »

No!  It would be so radical cool!  Like a millions Micheal Bay explosions at once!

He said the name! Where's the smite button? WHY CAN'T I SMITE HIM?

Garry Henderson
Technicolor Ninja
Legendary, Baby, Legendary.

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 121

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2012, 02:40:49 AM »

I want Defenders, I want Invaders, and I want Micronauts and ROM even though I know those 2 are impossible.  Karza on the silver screen...geekgasm.
John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2012, 02:42:50 AM »

He said the name! Where's the smite button? WHY CAN'T I SMITE HIM?

MUAH HAH HAH HAH!  BAY! BAY!  BAY!

John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2012, 03:00:43 AM »

I want Defenders, I want Invaders, and I want Micronauts and ROM even though I know those 2 are impossible.  Karza on the silver screen...geekgasm.

That would all be groovy.  I'd like to see Shang Chi (also unlikely unless they don't use Fu Manchu), Werewolf by Night, Moribus, Dethlok, Killraven, Moon Knight, The Sons of the Tiger, Luke Cage and Iron Fist set in the 70's.  In fact take Fist, Cage, The Sons of the Tiger, The Daughters of the Dragon, Shang Chi, Razorback, Dazzler, Adam Warlock or Captain Marvel and have a 70's Exploitation Marvel-rama of a movie!  

evilbunnyfoofoo
Bat-Moderator
Shogun

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2012, 04:34:26 AM »

Those sound good too. Except Deathlok (DeAthlok, Juan. Dethklok. Both of which are nifty and good. But one is better. If it is the right one. The right cyborg I mean. I want the solider not the pacifist. Wimp.). I don't want them messing up my fave cyborg. Evah. Unless Buckler got to write it.

I'd really dig seeing an Omega the Unknown movie written by Steve Gerber. I bet that would be so awesome. Until Hollywood got a hold of it, of course.

Garry Henderson
Technicolor Ninja
Legendary, Baby, Legendary.

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 121

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2012, 05:46:51 AM »

I'd really dig seeing an Omega the Unknown movie written by Steve Gerber. I bet that would be so awesome. Until Hollywood got a hold of it, of course.

Won't happen unless he already wrote it  Sad
John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2012, 09:06:04 AM »

Those sound good too. Except Deathlok (DeAthlok, Juan. Dethklok. Both of which are nifty and good. But one is better. If it is the right one. The right cyborg I mean. I want the solider not the pacifist. Wimp.). I don't want them messing up my fave cyborg. Evah. Unless Buckler got to write it.

So I made a typo.  And when I mention Deathlok the Demolisher, I mean Col. Luther Manning.  The original.  Though I did just read McDuffie's Fantastic Four that had an un-Cyborged Michael Collins. 

Scott E. Hileman
Hiley Likely
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 369

Thespian-An actor who likes girls

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2012, 10:29:39 AM »

I can't wait! The only thing that would make me happier is if Marvel Studios wanted to film my Ant-Man script! Guardians of the Galaxy? Dr. Strange? Color me curious.

"We all have our issues, but I'm just saying that all of mine are bagged, boarded, and near-mint."
KnightErrantJR
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »

Woot!  Rocket Racoon!  Groot!  Other people!   Wink
Chuck
A River To My People!
Administrator
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 11127

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2012, 11:55:52 AM »

I can't wait! The only thing that would make me happier is if Marvel Studios wanted to film my Ant-Man script!

Ant-Man wrote a screenplay?

Bane has two daddies.
John Morgan 'Bat' Neal
Morgy Zola
Administrator
Shogun

HAIL HYDRA!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2012, 12:00:52 PM »

I can't wait! The only thing that would make me happier is if Marvel Studios wanted to film my Ant-Man script!

Ant-Man wrote a screenplay?

Hiley is Ant-Man!?

That explains so very much.

Glen Davis
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: -33

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2012, 06:27:35 PM »

http://spinoff.comicbookresources.com/2012/06/27/marvels-real-1970s-superhero-human-fly-heading-to-big-screen/

I always liked the book, if only because it made The White Tiger seem...not so lame, but I never saw a movie in its future.  Wonder if Team America is in line?

The Offical Dixonverse necromancer
Rex Dart
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 264

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2012, 07:46:56 AM »

Wow, the Human Fly!

As a kid, I remember actually being impressed by the whole "He's a real superhero" thing, and being half-convinced it wasn't just a line of bull.

The "real story behind the Human Fly" is interesting, and still kind of mysterious in a lot of ways.

Oh, this is one of the more fascinating bits of standard movie-news blurbage I've seen in a while:
Alan Brewer and Steven Goldmann picked up the reverted rights to the property, with Goldmann looking to direct from a screenplay Tony Babinski, the in-house historian for Cirque Du Soleil.

Cirque Du Soleil has a house historian?  Who knew?

Actually, though, if you think about it, the story does essentially come from the real life circus/carnie world, so the writer might be able to bring a lot of real-life experience to the project.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 07:49:40 AM by suedenim » Logged

"Stark always looks all sharp and neat but I put on a shirt with buttons and I look like that guy in that movie where he dies at the end."
    -- Clint Barton
Bill
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: -196

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2012, 07:56:11 AM »

Put me down for the Defenders!
Captain_Marvel
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 537

Bostonian Numero Dos

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 28, 2012, 11:39:40 AM »

I want Defenders, I want Invaders, and I want Micronauts and ROM even though I know those 2 are impossible.  Karza on the silver screen...geekgasm.

That would all be groovy.  I'd like to see Shang Chi (also unlikely unless they don't use Fu Manchu), Werewolf by Night, Moribus, Dethlok, Killraven, Moon Knight, The Sons of the Tiger, Luke Cage and Iron Fist set in the 70's.  In fact take Fist, Cage, The Sons of the Tiger, The Daughters of the Dragon, Shang Chi, Razorback, Dazzler, Adam Warlock or Captain Marvel and have a 70's Exploitation Marvel-rama of a movie!  

This would be my dream job, to write and direct a Power Man/Iron Fist movie. I already have the trailer in my head, set to the Isaac Hayes version of "The Look of Love". I need to get my hands on some software to create animatics or storyboards, like that progrqam Valve uses to make the Team Fortress shorts.

"Finding success in a Michael Bay film is like finding the Virgin Mary on a slice of toast, but less rewarding."
                          -Roger Ebert
DanD66
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: -64659

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2012, 04:23:41 PM »

Latino Review says that it is definitely Guardians of the Galaxy!

http://latino-review.com/2012/06/28/exclusive-marvels-2014-movie-revealed/

I'm still sceptical, but if the villain is Thanos, it would make some sense. 
Erik Burnham
« Reply #25 on: June 28, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »

Meanwhile, Disney is (considering) making an animated Big Hero 6.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: