Dixonverse Message Board
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2014, 04:07:18 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Stats
109240 Posts in 2729 Topics by 162 Members
Latest Member: Pastor Jared
Search:     Advanced search
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  Dixonverse Message Board
|-+  Dixonverse Message Boards
| |-+  The Dixonverse Free For All Morgy Morgue
| | |-+  Comic Book Topic Archive
| | | |-+  Joe Casey... you're a silly guy.
« previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Joe Casey... you're a silly guy.  (Read 250 times)
Erik Burnham
« on: August 16, 2012, 02:51:04 PM »

Creator owned series Butcher Baker's 8th issue was almost a year late. Writer and co-creator Joe Casey says:

ďMy TV workload is batshit crazy and Iíll completely cop to that, but it actually has nothing to do with the interminable wait between Butcher Baker #7 and #8. The fact is, Huddleston found himself in a tough spot, having over-committed himself beyond the point of rational thought. He fell way behind and there was nothing I could do about it. Itís frustrating as hell and, in my opinion, supremely embarrassing. Itís not helping the cause of creator-owned comic books when creators canít keep their shit together. Going into this, I thought it would be a fun, breezy ride that I could kick back and get my rocks off doing every month. Turns out, Iíve had to learn some harsh lessons from the experience.Ē

Emphasis mine, and a point which comics artists have taken issue with... as more than one pointed out on twitter: whether you love or hate working on a book as an artist, "fun and breezy" does not really describe your work conditions.

Huddleston's reply to this certainly paints him in a better light than Joe, whose next creator owned collaboration may begin with a terse "cash up front" on the part of the artist. (;

Huddleston's comments and more here:

http://robot6.comicbookresources.com/2012/08/butcher-baker-the-righteous-maker-is-apparently-dead/

Andy
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 132

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2012, 03:15:18 PM »

Didn't Casey once admit that he started taking heavy drugs while he was writing X-Men because he felt he needed to "keep up" with Grant Morrison?
Thane-dami
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 179

Odami is slowly switching to his real name

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 03:19:55 PM »

Didn't Casey once admit that he started taking heavy drugs while he was writing X-Men because he felt he needed to "keep up" with Grant Morrison?

Haha. Even it's that's not true, it's pretty funny.
Chuck
A River To My People!
Administrator
Shogun

Dixonverse Karma Tally: 11126

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2012, 09:50:16 AM »

He writes a lot of TV?

Bane has two daddies.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: